Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sugar Cubes


My friend Steph sent me a link to a blog that demonstrated how to make home-made sugar cubes. I decided to give them a try using my teacup and teapot candy molds. They were very easy to make. I followed the recipe of 1 cup sugar, 1 ½ tablespoons of water and a drop of food coloring. Put water and food coloring in a bowl, add sugar and mix with a fork until it looks like wet sand. Leave in mold for about a minute, turn out onto parchment paper and let dry overnight. Very simple and fun to make! Thanks Steph, and also to Angela from “Tea with friends” for this very creative idea!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Gorgeous, and thank you so much for sharing them at my February Tea Party!

Anonymous said...

These are very cute Kim! Thanks for sharing.

Micaela

GRANDMA R said...

The sugar cubes are adorable, what a neat idea!
Love,
Mom R.