Friday, February 29, 2008

Peek Into My China Cabinet


OK, so I don’t really have a china cabinet but I do have all my pretty teacups and teapots displayed on my living room shelves. Call me obsessed but in my opinion a girl can never have too many teacups and teapots. Most of these were gifts from friends and a few I picked up at the local thrift store.


They are all very special to me and I use each and every one of them frequently. The pale blue teapot came all the way from Canada and I like it because of its large size and decorative ridges. The pretty glass one came from my tea guru and I love using this one because its see-through and shows of the beautiful colors of the tea inside of it. The gold one is also glass and was given to me by my 80 year-old neighbor. Supposedly it can be put on the burner but I’m too chicken to try it. The pretty white one with three-dimensional flowers was a birthday gift and I love it because it’s so feminine and pretty. I found the butterfly teapot, fell in love with it and just had to have it. I have received several matching butterfly pieces as gifts. The Lusterware and the white with blue flower teapots and cups were thrift store finds.


Each one is unique and beautiful. The teapots that I've received from friends are very special to me because they were given with such thoughtfulness, and I will always have them to remind me of how much I cherish each one of those friendships. Everyone who knows me knows how much I love tea and all things that go with it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

OK, the lusterware one is new, right? That's so cool! I love it all - and the yellow just sets them off perfectly.