Saturday, January 23, 2010

Warm Toffee Pudding

I stumbled across this recipe for warm toffee pudding when I was looking through one of my past issues of Martha Stewart Living, February 2007 to be exact. I was excited to find it, just in time to make it for my Saturday afternoon tea with Steph.

A while ago she and I had lunch at the Tea Cozy in Indianapolis and shared a yummy plate of warm toffee pudding for dessert. I knew then that I wanted to find a recipe for it but had forgotten about searching for one until finding this recipe.

At first glance I wasn't sure I liked the recipe because it called for 8 ounces of Medjool dates. I like dates but I don't care for them (cooked) in my food. As I read the recipe further, I realized the dates were pureed after cooking them in rum, and didn't think I'd mind eating them this way. I was right! The pudding turned out delicious! The dates added moisture to the cake-like pudding and you couldn't even tell they were in there!

The recipe wasn't exactly like the toffee pudding we had at the Tea Cozy but it was still tasty, and the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea on a cold winter's day!




2 comments:

Kelly said...

Well, duh. You could put anything in rum and I would eat it! ;)

Steph said...

It was SOOOOOO good. I ate a lot of the sauce you sent home with my by licking it off my fingers!