Sunday, January 10, 2010

Remembering



At the year’s end
We celebrated your life
On a cold winter’s day
Snow sparkled outside
Your precious little ones
Danced in rays of sunshine
Streaming through stained glass windows

Tears
Laughter
Sadness
A beautiful quilt handmade by you
Photographs
Your favorite flowers
Filled the church

I will remember you
Kind and gentle
Bright blue eyes
Warm smile
Flower gardens
Snicker bar salad
Pretty blue vases
Painted ornaments on the tree
Teacup on my shelf
Lucie’s hand in yours





4 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks, Kim, for posting this. I smiled as I read each line. She will be greatly missed, but our fond memories will keep her alive in each of us.

Amy said...

This is beautiful Kim.

Steph said...

Kim - that is beautiful, beautiful!

Mad Queen said...

Oh, Kim, that was so touching. My best grandmother recently passed away. It is hard to think they are not a phonecall away... your words were precious.