Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday's Surprise

Wow! Esme and Steph left me speechless this afternoon when they presented me with this patchwork tablecloth and napkin set, a collaborative effort from the both of them. I don't really know exactly what I did to deserve such a generous, beautiful gift (it's not even close to my birthday) and words can hardly express my gratitude for this true labor of love.
My friends know me well; well enough to know that I really wanted to make a blue patchwork tablecloth for my table but that I probably would never get around to making one. They also know me well enough to know that blue is may favorite color and this tablecloth is filled with wonderful blue tones that look lovely in my dinning room.

I'm so honored that they would take time out of their very busy schedules to make such a beautiful and thoughtful gift for me. I will treasure it forever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed with true friends.

Anonymous said...

I can attest to the beauty of this masterful work. The wine was good, too! ;-)
--keith

Lisa said...

What a special treat and well deserved for such a good friend! :)

Steph said...

I'm so glad that you like it, and it suits you so perfectly!

Mad Queen said...

Wow, what a gorgeous gift! What a lucky lady you are to have friends who would reciprocate for all of the many gifts you've given them. You are truly blessed. The tablecloth and napkins are stunning... they have a country vintage charm :).