Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tea With Mad Queen

Last week I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon with Mad Queen while she was in Bloomington for a short stay this summer. She and her family are currently living in Japan and we hadn't seen them for over a year. We had a nice time catching up. It was interesting learning about life in Japan. I was educated on everything from public bath houses to the costly prices of peanut butter.

I made a few little afternoon tea snacks and Mad Queen, Princess Shaleilah and I enjoyed a very special artisan jasmine tea that was a gift from Steph.

Artisan Jasmine Tea - as it brews it unfurls into a beautiful flower

Raspberry Tart

Zucchini bread and crackers with aged Wisconsin cheese, garden tomatoes and basil

3 comments:

Steph said...

Gorgeous images! I'm glad the tea put on a nice show for your visit!

Mad Queen said...

Oh, what a fun post! And, what an honor I had my name mentioned in your post... wow, I feel very loved. This truly was THE BEST TEA PARTY EVER... everything was both beautiful and absolutely delicious. We were surprised how much we loved the flowering tea... not only was it pretty, but it had a very rich flavor. I think the zuchhini bread won our hearts... we all couldn't get enough. Thank you Kim for being the true hostess with the mostess you always are. I have learned so much from you. You remind me how fun it is to splurge on the finer details in life.

Thank you dear friend!

Yu Allen said...

VERY NICE BLOG WRITING! IF YOU ADD MY WEBSITE ON IT, YOU WILL GET RETURN!
CONTACT ME AT: NATURALPUERH AT GMAIL DOT COM